Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday's Heroes

Clyde has some amazing relatives. Among the greatest are Anne and Neal Gaskin. (I thought I had a picture but I can't find one). They are the kindest and most giving people I have ever met in my life. If we even hint at the fact we are heading South - Anne is there to meet us. Anne never forgets our grandchildren's birthdays. She gives them the most amazing gifts, too. They have never met her but they have come to think of her as their Birthday Fairy. Other family that I have talked too love and admire this couple greatly. Older relatives have nothing but the highest respect for this couple and the rest of us wish we were more like them. So today I pick them for my heroes. I also pledge to be more like them - more compassionate and kind to all around me.

I would also like to do a quick update on Helen Athay. She did not have to have a hip replacement - just the bone set. She will be up and walking today but will probably be walking with a walker for many months. Bob Athay was given a key to the Woods home so he can just stay in Massachusetts and come and go as he pleases for as long as Helen is in the hospital. That way he won't have to travel all the way back to Rhode Island every day.

I am thankful for kind people, loving family, a mail system (with all of it's flaws), opportunities to serve and the ability to walk better every day.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hi Beckie,
I stumbled onto your blog a little while ago, and have been meaning to tell you how much I enjoy reading it. I love your writing style, your recipes and book reviews, your kind words about the people in your life, your updates about people I know, and your testimony. Thanks for being a blogger! (Is that a Brugger Blogger?)
Angie DeLong