Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Life is a delightful adventure" Hans Christian Andersen

Clyde and me on a bicycle powered taxi tour.  It was delightful.  We saw parts of Odense that we would not have seen otherwise.  So much fun.  This is the only picture we managed to take today with us in it.

One of my favorite statues of Hans Christian Andersen.  He loved telling stories to children.

There is a domed room called the Memory Room in the center of the museum.  The dome is surrounded with Frescoes that were done in the late 1980's.  Here is Andersen telling stories.  He apparently was enjoyed because of his wonderful tales.

Hans Christian Andersen with Jenny Lind.  He was very in love with her but she was not even interested in him.  He wrote his fairy tale - the Nightingale  for Jenny Lind.

The Steadfast Tin Soldier is one of my favorite tales by H.C. Andersen.  I loved this rendering that one of the illustrators for his books did.

We bought an unabridged copy of the Andersen's fairy tales starting with his first one published and so on.  It is in Danish.  I had hoped to get another set of fairytales in the little blue books like I did over 40 years ago.  They don't have that set anymore.  Not since 1980.  I was kind of sad but tickled with the book I did get.  We also got a book of Andersen's art work and a tote bag. 

I will inundate you with pictures for the next couple of days.  It was just what we needed.

No comments: