Tuesday, September 16, 2014

A Frustrating Tuesday

Today was one glitch after another until the computer just froze.  It took Clyde forcing a shutdown to turn it off.  We then downloaded 2 books and it took over 3 hours!  We finally just shut everything down and came home early.  We were both frustrated and sad we didn't get more done today.  Frederick wants to come in tomorrow and analyze it again.  We are so lucky to have these amazing young men working around us.  We know if there is a problem that one of them can take care of it.  So blessed.

Danes (as in nationality - not grandson) come in 2 sizes - short like me with the men no taller than 5ft. 7inches or well over 5ft. 10 or 11.  Lars is 6ft. 3inches and Frederick is taller than him.  Most of the guys in the office are well over 6 feet.  It is not at all unusual to see a woman well over 6 feet around here and they are either rail thin or very well proportioned.  There are a lot of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern people that make me look tall but they are not true Danes.  Danes are a very beautiful people too.  Quite often I cannot tell what sex someone is unless I look for an Adam's Apple.  The men are as beautiful as the women.  I have also noticed that Danes don't really react too much.  It is the other nationalities that are discontent.  They are an amazing people.

Elisabeth came back to work today after being sick for over a week.  How awful to be sick and alone.  She is such a wonderful woman.  She saw us this morning and waited so we could visit on our way in to work. 

I know I say this a lot but I am so grateful that the Lord called us to Denmark to be with these amazing friends we have made.  We are so blessed.  I complain about the short days in the winter and the cold but I will live through it.  I am startled when I realize we have 7 months left before we go home.  It is going quickly.

There is a little girl outside our window that is about 4 or 5.  She is riding her scooter up and down the sidewalk, going circles around her mother and grandmother.  I keep hearing her giggle.  Reminds me of our grandchildren.  That is another amazing trait of the Danes - family is always first.

No comments: