Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hip Hip Hooray

Andy and Chris came in today to set up the Fredericksburg site for the Brookes (who are coming in the middle of October) and swung by the archive to see what there was to see.  Andy decided that it is the hard drive failing.  They are taking it and going to go and see what they can do.  We are out of work until at least Tuesday of next week.  We will probably go and see the aquarium here and the Christus at the Frue Kirke.  We just might stay home and veg out too!  We are just thrilled that something is happening.
The sunrises here are absolutely beautiful.  This Picture was taken out of my kitchen window this last Monday.  I think I have only seen a few sunsets that were spectacular but then by evening it is usually very cloudy.  Mornings are more often than not quite stunning.
 
This is blurry but it was behind glass and I couldn't use a flash.  It is Jenny Lind paper dolls and clothes from the time that Jenny was an international star.
 
Jenny Lind at the peak of her popularity (and when Hans Christian Andersen adored her.)


My niece, Julianna Foote, posted a talk given by Curt Holman at BYU on "Raising our Ebenezer".  It is excellent and I recommend it.  Two things struck me greatly.  Danish philosopher, Soren Kierkegaard wrote: "Life must be understood backwards.  But...it must be lived forwards."  Curt Holman said, "...it seems to me that my responsibility is to remain strong in my faith not only for my sake but for the sake of my children and my posterity.  I understand that my decision didn't just affect me." 

The "Life must be understood..." comment made me realize even more how important our work here with FamilySearch is.  The second comment made me realize that I might think my testimony of the Gospel is personal but that is not true.  The example I set because of my testimony is very public. 

I will now step off of my soapbox.

No comments: