Thursday, August 28, 2014

Not Already!

The temperatures are falling and the leaves are turning. I am not ready for Autumn but everyone around here accepts September (the beginning of Sept) as the start of Fall.  The sun is setting at just after 8 p.m. and not rising until after 6 a.m - a bit more than 13 hours a day.  I have loved the light, the warmth and the sunshine.  You will find me kicking and screaming into the next season.

I was not feeling well but had the strong impression that I should leave early.  I got out to the bus stop and Helena Maria, one of the women we met at the Radhus Arkiv, was walking out of the building.  She immediately recognized me (granted I had on my tag) and started talking to me like old friends.  Her husband has leukemia and has been in the hospital all week while they harvested stem cells to replant in his bone marrow.  She is very optimistic but asked me to please pray for her and her husband.  I am thinking now that that is the reason I felt so strongly to leave when I did.  She needed someone to talk too.  I am grateful I was an instrument in the Lord's hands today.

We are off to the Island of Ven in Sweden tomorrow.  Should be fun!

No comments: