Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A SLOW day

Today everything at work went on SNAIL mode.  Things downloaded slowly and the camera stopped working several times in the middle of each book we did.  I left to go to the Apotek before it got too crowded.  Clyde finally just left the computer on to download.  He would still be there if he hadn't.

On Friday we are going to the Island of Hven (or Venn) to see the observatory of Tycho Brahe.  Elisabeth Bloch invited us along with everyone from the office.  We are actually leaving the mission (with the Mission President's approval) and going to Sweden.  I do ask for prayers that I can walk the over 4 kilometers (round trip) to get there from the ferry and back again.  I studied about him in my Astronomy class.  He actually mentored Kepler!  Very exciting.

Two things happened on the bus on the way home.  The two girls that were so enamored with my knitting were there again.  They very shyly said 'hi' to me.  I told them 'hi' back and they giggled.  Such cute young ladies.  Then when we got to my stop - the bus driver did not open the exit doors and started to drive off.  There were several of us to get off but we were in the back of the bus.  I finally yelled to stop the bus and open the doors (all in Danish of course).  He stopped and apologized.  Glad I didn't have to ride the bus forevermore!

No comments: