Saturday, August 9, 2014

'Dangerous Dane'

Since Pam doesn't blog anymore, I will for her.  We have labeled our youngest grandson, Dangerous Dane.  He will not be potty trained because 'it is dangewous Aunt Heather!' yet he can walk out on the wrong side of the railing!  He is a pill and joy.  He spoke with me the other day and had quite a bit to tell me but it didn't really make sense.  Pam said that he had awakened at 6 a.m. and he would not stop talking.  Apparently this went on all day.  I have amazing grandchildren and I miss them so much.  I look forward to next summer, when we will have plenty of time to cuddle and just love each other. 

Not much to report.  Took 3 hours to do our grocery shopping today but it is done for the week.  We went to the Turkish Bazaar again and got bread and nuts, mostly.  I also got the only baking potatoes I have seen since we got here.  I bought two for tomorrow.  We will eat the leftovers as twice baked potatoes or hash browns during the week.  Instead of getting my favorite trail mix, I bought the nuts I like and just mixed my own.  I usually by 500 grams and I now have a 4 liter bag filled almost to the top of a mix I will enjoy more than the store bought mix.  I thought Clyde had bought unsalted cashews and he didn't.  That is the only nut I don't have in there that I enjoy mixed like this.  He bought salted cashews.  We got home just ahead of the rain.

I went into the bakery to get our 5 grain/seed bread.  It is one of our favorite employees manning the bakery.  I asked for the 'fem corn brood' and she laughed and said, "Like always."  Love that.  We are ready for the coming week.  We have Zone Conference on Wednesday and Thursday, so it will not be a full week at work.  Jeppe and Elisabeth are back on Monday too  I still ache all over but I decided that is because of the rain we are having.  Today it is raining harder than it has in quite some time.  We need the rain but I don't like the pain that comes with it.  I guess I just need to brace myself for the coming months.  I doubt it will go away with cooler temperatures coming.

No comments: