Thursday, March 21, 2013

What is your favorite movie and why?

I love old movies.  My most favorite movie is "The Bishop's Wife" with Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven.  I do love "Enchanted April" even though it is not old.  However it is set just after WWI.  It is beautiful story and almost word for work for the book.  I also love "The Princess Bride".

I love musicals.  My most favorite musical of all time is "The Slipper and the Rose".  Marianne came to visit me infrequently when we lived out of state but once when she came, she told me we had to go to the movies and see this wonderful movie.  I fell in love but didn't get to see it again for years.  Then I saw it on TV but it was all chopped up and the best parts were missing.  I was thrilled when I finally had my own copies - first on VHS and then DVD.  Through an unfortunate chain of events, I have lost my copy.  I love the story and the music.  I keep hoping they will put it out on Blu-ray but so far no luck.

I love all animated features, especially the Disney classics and most all of Pixar's presentations.  There are other animated movies that I love.  I am also a big fan of the Jim Henson's productions - whether it is with the Muppets or his fantasies.

What are your favorite movies or movie genre?

No comments: