Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What do you enjoy doing today that you also enjoyed as a child?

When I was very little, I watched everyone around me read for the pleasure of reading.  I couldn't wait to read!  I was going to be so good at  and it was going to be something I loved - I just knew it!  Some of my first memories are of helping my dad study in the morning.  As soon as the light went on, I would get up and crawl in his lap.  I would snuggle down and promptly fall back asleep.  It was the most comfortable and comforting place to be.  To this day, when I visit my father and see the light go on, I still have the urge to go and curl up beside him and help him study.  From that early age I knew I wanted to read.  My mother  and father read, my grandparents read and so did all of the other adults in my life.  It is one of the I things that I do daily.  I read my scriptures but I also read for the sheer joy of reading.  I usually read at least one book a day.   I will miss that while I am on our mission but I will be reading different things so the joy of reading will not be gone.

My whole life I have listened to music.  This is something that I do everyday too.  I love classical, musicals and old rock and roll.  Thanks to Pandora, I can listen to pretty much any type of music I want as I do my work.  I love having music on in the background and that is something I did as a kid too.

No comments: