Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I am Thankful...

I have finished the little book that Pam gave me.  I am now just going to blog random things as I find them.  This might be something more for Thanksgiving but since I keep a gratitude journal, I thought it was approprate for everyday.  I cut it out from a newspaper a long time ago - since I haven't gotten a paper in over 10 years.  I don't know if it was in Utah or Texas.


I Am Thankfull...
For the teenager who is watching TV instead of doing the dishes,  because that means he is at home and not on the streets.

For the parking spot I fount at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking plus I have been blessed with transportation.

For my huge heating or air conditioning bill, because it means I am comfortable.

For the lady behind me in church that sings off-key because it means I can hear.

For the pile of laundry, because it means my family and I have clothes to wear.

For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been productive.

For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means that I am alive and have somewhere to go.

For the taxes I pay, because it means that I am employed.

For the mess to clean after a party, because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enought to eat.  (I like it better when they hang a bit loose because it means my diet and exercise are paying off!)

For my shadow that is watching me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.

For a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need cleaning or fixing, because it means I  have a home.

For all of the complaining I hear about the government, because it means we have freedom of speech.

For my children and grandchildren, who give me the chance to see through the eyes of innocence and be a kid myself again.

For my spouse, because it means I am not going through life alone.

For the weeds I spend hours pulling in my garden, because it means my body is capable of doing so.

I personally am thankful for the internet and telephones, because that way I feel close to my family and take part in watching my grandchildren grow up.  That is something my grandparents and even my parents did not have.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: