Sunday, March 3, 2013

I am an impatient patient!

Last Monday I had Blepharoplasty or cosmetic surgery on my eyelids.  (The promised pictures for my grandsons will be posted soon!)  I have a friend that had it done a few years ago and she told me it would be a 2-3 week recovery.  For some reason I didn't listen to the voice of experience and figured I would recover much quicker than she did (she did have some complications that I avoided).  It looks like you do not get out of this surgery in less than a 2 week recovery time.  Yesterday I thought I would go for a ride with Clyde as he did some errands.  My neighbor saw me and was horrified.  He immediately looked at Clyde like 'Did you do that to her!'  I had to explain the surgery and even though it was overcast go outside with wraparound sunglasses on.  I didn't want anyone to think badly of my husband.  You see no sutures right now because my eyes are so swollen and black and blue.  I just look like I was beaten really badly around my eyes. 

On the plus side.  I am already seeing a big difference in my peripheral vision.  Even though my vision is still fuzzy, things are brighter.  I can't wait for the recovery to be over to see the end result.  I also don't like Clyde  having to wait on me.  I miss fixing him meals and making sure life is going well for him.  He has been so loving and caring.  I want to be able to do my job again.

No comments: