Saturday, March 30, 2013

What are your plans for retirement?

I have been waiting to do this question for a while because I wasn't quite sure what we were going to do.  The answer has been firmed up.

Our plans for retirement are to leave Rhode Island on July 31, 2013 and take our belongings to Kerrville, Texas.  There we will put them in storage for 19 months.  We will then visit with each of our daughters, son-in-laws and grandchildren for a few days.  We will also go and make a fuss over my newest grandniece or grandnephew (thanks to Sara and Dallin Walker).  Then on August 26, 2013, Clyde and I will report to the Provo MTC for our mission in Copenhagen, Denmark.  We will spend 2 weeks there before we go and serve 18 months doing a record preservation mission for the Church.  The Denmark, Copenhagen mission takes in Denmark, Iceland and Greenland - so we could be spending time in any or all of those places, working in churches and government buildings retrieving records. 

We are beyond thrilled but also in shock.  We truly did not think we would leave North America because of my health issues.  Then after speaking to another returning Senior couple, I thought maybe we would go back to Frankfurt a/m Main in Germany.  At least there I would know enough to get around.  The ONLY Danish word I know is Aebelskiver!  And I am sure it isn't even spelled correctly anymore.  This is setting up to be quite an adventure.

After our mission, hopefully our skills as preservationists can be used in Texas and we can serve another local mission or possibly a temple mission in the San Antonio Temple.  So far that is as far as our retirement plans go.  I think that is enough.

1 comment:

Julianna said...

We are so excited for you!