Friday, March 15, 2013

My Surgery Pictures

 This is actually my missionary picture.  You can see how droopy my eyes and how saggy my eyebrows were.  It is also a less gross way of starting off.  Noah and Nathanael made me promise that I would post pictures for them to see.  The first few pictures are pretty gruesome  - so if you don't want to look - don't.  
 Right after surgery.  My eyes were almost swollen shut for the first few days.
 This is day three.  I felt so miserable all day long that I didn't even get out of my pajamas.
 Day 4 and I am starting to clear up a bit more in my left eye.
 My Oompah-loompah phase.  The orange bruises lasted almost 10 days.
 The one week anniversary.  This is why I couldn't go to Church.  I looked like I had been beaten up.
Monday of this week.  I was so excited and then somehow during the night I must have rubbed my eyes so or something but I popped a suture in my right eye.  (I thought I had opened up much more than that).  Tuesday afternoon the doctor said it would heal on its own and it is fine.  It is red and beefy looking again.  Part of that is allergy and part of it is that it has to heal again.  However I cannot believe the difference in my sight.  The world is brighter and as soon as the swelling is down in my right eye - it will be clearer, I am sure.  At least I don't look like an Oompah-loompah anymore.

1 comment:

Cari said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better! And I'm so glad that you can see better as well!