Saturday, December 10, 2011

We're Home From Disney World!


We are back from 5 days in Orlando and Disney World.  It was a great 5 days.  We actually only spent 3 days in the park.  Clyde was there for a conference for work and we knew our time in the parks would be limited.  Thanks to our friend Diane Campagna, our time in EPCOT and the Magic Kingdom was fun and mapped out.  Plus because of her guidance we are able to see things that we would have missed otherwise.  


We arrived Monday and ended up spending over 5 hours in the International part of EPCOT.  We were able to go through several of the countries and see several Christmas tradition story tellers and the Candlelight Processional.  We really lucked into a lot of things because we happened to be standing at the right place at the right time.  We saw everything we wanted to on that end of EPCOT on Monday and went to the hotel, tired and happy.  Tuesday I paid for it.  I had fought a flu bug all weekend and had a relapse Tuesday plus my knees hurt so bad from all of the standing and walking - I could barely walk.  I will blog my one picture of a character I got because all of time we spent in Disney World was at night -  hard to take pictures in the dark.  I will also tell about the rest of our days in the parks in the coming days - however I have to say the military resort we stayed on (Shades of Green) would have been worth staying on without going to the park!  It was beautiful, restful and the staff bent over backwards to be helpful.

No comments: