Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Giant Poinsettia Bush

This is Christmas Day just after Marianne's 1st birthday, so I think it is Christmas 1956.  Texas was going through a drought quite similar to what has been happening this year.  But this Poinsettia Bush loved the weather!  I know it is Christmas because I remember Dad taking our picture and saying no one would believe the weather.  We had lived there less than 2 years and were still marveling that Christmas could be spent in a swimming suit poolside some years!  Other years a 'Blue Norther' would come through and you would know it was winter.  Nothing could get you warm! That Bush was still there when we left that house 5+ years later.  It went to the top of the second story window at that point.  When we came home from Germany, the people that had taken over our duplex had it taken out.  My mother was very sad about that.  My parents loved plants and always had something growing even in our tiniest apartments.  It made my mother happy to have some greenery to attend too.

No comments: