Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

This is picture of my family taken Christmas 1970.  I am in the front on the left, my brother, Bob Brugger is in the middle and Marianne on the far right.  In the back behind me is my grandmother, Sarah Tuttle and my dad, Archie Brugger and my mom Carolyn Brugger.  I think this was the last family picture we ever had taken.  I don't have one if there ever was another.  There weren't many more Christmas' where we were all together because of marriage, and logistics.  Sadly, the next two Christmas' would be all about me.  I would be spending all of my time with Clyde the next Christmas and become engage and on the Christmas after that Clyde and I would be getting married just a few days later.  I am astonished how self absorbed I was then and how loving and giving my sister has always been.  She is truly an example to follow.  I am glad our daughters ended up following her example more than mine!


I have come to the conclusion - even though I had a hard time sleeping last night (because of Christmas and travel plans) it isn't much fun celebrating Christmas without children around.  I look forward to our second Christmas in a few days in Texas with the Pfiester and the Davis families!  Merry Christmas to all of my family and loved ones.  May the joy of this season carry through with you throughout the year.

No comments: