Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Angels

I was probably about 6 almost 7 when this was taken.  I love how both Marianne and I are rolling our right foot.  I know we were told to stand up straight and stop that - so it was not posed.  Every year our ward in San Antonio would put on quite a Christmas Program for the Ward Christmas Party.  There was always a large Primary Choir with 'Angels' in it.  We were either dressed all in white or had capes like these on to cover our shoulders.  My mother would make a part of the capes and couple of the other mothers would make the rest.  They were out of white felt - when felt was the cheapest material you could buy.  I remember this Christmas program one of the boys my age sang, "All I Want for Christmas!".  I think it was Robbie Roberts or maybe Mike Sparrow but I am not sure.


On a very sad note in my life:  Yesterday I was told the Sedona (the place I have worked out for the last 7 years) had to close their doors as of yesterday!  I feel like I have had a death in the family.  It has been so convenient to go over there and work out and visit with friends.  Now it is all on me.  It would be anyway in 18 months when we retire but I hadn't anticipated it this soon.  I guess I better get used to this.  But I did cry a lot yesterday.  

No comments: