Monday, December 26, 2011

Counting My Blessings

I am sure I will get around to taking pictures tomorrow or soon after but today was spent catching up with my Pfiester family in Kerrville, Texas.  I am thankful for the opportunity to spend some time with them and pretty soon with the Davis family too. 

Last night I was also thinking about what an amazing family I have.  I not only am blessed with a wonderful husband, daughters, son-in-laws and grandchildren, sister, brother and their families but I also married into a pretty amazing family.  Saturday I spoke with Clyde's younger sister, Sara Warne.  She has cut two Albums and she asked me if I had listened to her Christmas one this season.  I told her I do every year - had my cry and put it away until next year.  Her music is so moving to me that I cry like a baby when I listen to it.  It is not something I can listen to over and over to because it is so draining.  On the other hand it is so uplifting that I have to listen to it.  It is a little like my watching the movie, The Bishop's Wife every year.  It wouldn't be Christmas without it.  I am so blessed to have talented people in my life to enrich my life and help me draw closer to my Savior.  But then isn't that what Christmas is all about?

No comments: