Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 1 at EPCOT

We got on the ferry and arrived in Germany.   In Germany in EPCOT there is a miniature village.  I had to take some pictures.  It brought back memories of walking through a similar little village in Holland.  That is the Weinnachtsman on the roof in blue.
 This pictures is for perspective.  I took it so you could see the legs of people against the village backdrop. 
I had it all lined up to take a really sweet picture Mary Poppins and then this girls father said something obscene!  Sadly apparently the little girl is used to it.  Mary Poppins was the only character we saw when it was light enough to take pictures.  We saw Belle and the Beast together.  Apparently that doesn't happen that often.  They are usually separate.  We saw Sleeping Beauty in pink and Marie from the Aristocats.  We saw Goofy dressed as a pirate, Minnie and Daisy, Pluto and Mickey but all from a distance.  During this time in EPCOT we learned about Christmas Traditions in Italy from La Befana, in England from Father Christmas and a logger in Canada.  Then we lucked into the Christmas Processional which is the story of Christ from the Bible told by a popular narrator and the Christmas carols sung by a living Christmas Tree made up of High School Honors Choirs from all over Florida.  The Narrator the night we went was Edward James Olmos.  This is his 12th year narrating this.  He knew the program so well that he sang along with the carols.  The woman that was signing for the deaf looked like a dancer as she signed.  It was beautiful.  We then wandered over to China and watched a movie in the round about China.  This was really special because I have a niece teaching there right now.  We had to stand for 15 minutes to watch the movie.  I wanted to see what Christina was seeing so badly that I stood and watched and ached the next day.  I also bought myself a fan from the gift shop there.  I love the way it cools me down plus it is really from China.  We wandered back to the Monorail and then back to the hotel.  We were both exhausted.  I was too tired to sleep once we hit our hotel room but it was a wonderful day.  I could have easily spent 2 days in that part of EPCOT.

No comments: