Saturday, December 3, 2011

Two Little Angels

Every time I look at this picture I smile.  I was in charge of the Ward Christmas party in Durham, NC.  It had been tradition for years that Santa would come.  At the last minute a few people balked and complained that Santa shouldn't come to a Ward Party.  I literally whipped up angel costumes from bed sheets an leftover white material I had.  Rebecca Scholes older sister was Mary and I think her oldest brother was Joseph.  We quickly put together this pageant using one of our daughters dolls for the baby.  The bishopric were the Wisemen and they were the gift givers that night as well.  Now I wouldn't have bowed to those two families wishes but then I wanted to make everyone happy.  I guess I am meaner in my old age.  I realize now that they did not represent the whole ward - even though they acted like it.  I now go and check and see what the consensus really is before I switch things up.  If the majority really don't want something - then I will change it, but not because of just a few anymore.  However because of that situation, I certainly got a cute picture of Heidi and Heather.

No comments: