Sunday, May 30, 2010

Reader's Habits

I got this from Heidi. It looked fun

Do you snack while you read? If so, what is your favorite reading snack? I don't snack while I read unless it is pretzels. I don't want to mess up my books.

What is your favorite beverage while reading? I don't drink anything while I read. I take breaks and go and get something to drink but nothing sits beside me while reading.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? I mark in my scriptures and in textbooks or how-to books. I do not write in novels or books I am reading for pleasure.

How do you keep you place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog ears? Laying the book flat? My favorite book mark are called "Last Line" bookmarks. They fit over the page and actually fit over the last line read. If I can't find one of my bookmarks then I find a sticky note and stick it to the page. Anything so I will be sure of where I last was. I NEVER dog ear a page and try not to lay a book flat (that is not a sure way to keep your place anyway).

Fiction or non-fiction, or both? Both

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of the chapter or can you stop anywhere? I tend to read to the end of the chapter unless the author writes with breaks within the chapter then I will pause there if I need too. I have to have a natural break or I will keep reading.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you? No - I will just quit reading it. Life is too short to read something you don't want to be reading.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away? I do if it is on my Kindle. Otherwise I put if off. I did find out the a "Utahn" is an archaic word for Eunuch. Was Congress belittling my ancestors and others when they insisted that the state be named Utah? Just asking?

What are you currently reading? Book of Mormon and Bleeding Hearts by Susan Wittig Albert and I just finished Gentle Rain by Deborah Smith

What is the last book you bought? "Bleeding Hearts", Heidi by Johann Spyri

Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time or do you read more than one book at at time? I tend to read one book at a time.

Do you have a favorite time/place to read? I read all day long in my recliner. I love reading just before bed too. Let's face it - give me a book and chair and I am happy.

Do you prefer series books or stand alones? I like both. Series are kind of no brainer's until they run out because you just read them until you are finished. They make choices easy, especially if you love the series.

Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over? I tell everyone about the "Mossy Creek" books. There is a character in those books that will appeal to someone. So far anyone that has picked them up on my recommendation has been glad they have.

How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, authors last name, etc.) I have all of my Christmas books together and they are organized out of necessity by height. All of our Church books are together by author. The rest of our books are pretty much by height for aesthetic reasons.

No comments: