Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tuesday's Book Review

"At Home on Ladybug Farm" is the sequel to "A Year on Ladybug Farm" . It was wonderful book and as with all of Donna Bell's books thus far, I highly recommend it.
"The Secret History of the Pink Carnation" is a book that I think Pam recommended. It is about the the English spying that went on during the French Revolution with frequent references to the Scarlet Pimpernel (which is why I think Pam is the one that told me about it). It was a fun book but I enjoyed it more because I have read all of the 'Scarlet Pimpernel' books, I think. The book was well written but Lauren Wittig is no Baroness Orczy.

"Blue Willow" was a bit disappointing. I like Deborah Smith's books but this one is filled with foul language and I found myself skipping dialogue so I wouldn't have to read it. It is a well crafted novel - as all of hers all (it is like 3 books in one) but read it knowing that all the way through it you will be dodging words that frankly I don't want to read. I like Deborah Smith's newer books because she doesn't use the words that I don't want to see.


"Good Hope Road" is the second book in the "Tending Roses" series by Lisa Wingate. It is just as good as the other two I have read from that series. This one and "At Home on Ladybug Farm" were my favorite reads of the week by far. I highly recommend both of those.



"You've Got Murder" by Donna Andrews was not as wonderful as I expected. I have read some of her other books and love them, but this one was hard to get into. Maybe because it was told from the computers perspective through part of the book. It certainly was a unique mystery.
I am trying to keep my review short and sweet. No one wants to be bogged down with my rantings or whimsies! Have a great week.

No comments: