Friday, May 28, 2010

A Fun Memory

My family lived in Germany for two tours with the Army when I was younger. We lived there from 1961-64 and then again from 1969-72. We lived in Frankfurt am Main for the first tour and the beginning of the next tour. I have to say that without a doubt the Frankfurt Zoo is one of the most fun zoos that I have ever visited. The thing about the zoo is it is so big that you really can't get through it in one visit. I don't think I ever saw it all and I visited quite frequently. My favorite parts were the aviary, and the acquarium but the best part of the zoo had to be hands down the maze. The picture above is of my brother, Bob, running through the Maze. We would go to the zoo so often that even though they would change the maze every year, we would have it memorized after the second or third visit. Then we would see who get through the fastest. Dad caught this picture of Bob running through. This picture was taken during our first tour to Germany - towards the end.

No comments: