Thursday, May 28, 2009

TV Shows

I used to be a TV junkie - I would sit and watch it mindlessly all day long. Now I watch 1 show in the morning. It is called BETTER and it is pretty much for women. They discuss books, how to parent better and new fun recipes. Their website plays the show for that day if you miss it at BetterTV.com and I highly recommend it. Today they discussed ideas to keep your children organized and occupied for the summer and the ideas were good and practical. Yesterday it was a lighthearted one with things from favorite body parts of the different sexes to how to organize your junk drawer. Check it out. There is something there for everyone and you just might get an idea that inpsires you.

As for watching TV - well - I sometimes watch MASH - if it is after Colonel Potter is there and I watch the news at 4:00 on our ABC affiliate sometimes or Quantum Leap (they are on at the same time). So much for my TV habits. I do have to say on the weekend I do watch the cooking shows on PBS but I have pretty much quit watching all of them except for America's Test Kitchen from Cook's magazine. The others I have found I would never fix their recipes in a million years so why waste the time watching. As for America's Test Kitchen - I find I usually brine my pork chops now for more flavor, and there are several of their recipes that are part of my arsenal of recipes.

So I guess I would rather read or watch an old movie than sit and watch the new stuff that is on TV. I find my Kindle more interesting than the TV.

No comments: