Thursday, May 14, 2009

Huge Responsibility

Most of you - especially my daughters' are going to laugh at this - but last night I was given the friendship basket at Relief Society and now I am in a quandry. I have a month to decide who to give it to. I stewed half the night about it. I don't want to slight anyone and being the bishop's wife kind a puts a different twist on it all together. There are sisters that NEED the basket, sisters that DESERVE the basket and then their are my really close friends. Fortunately MaryAnn Kohl is out of the running for at least a couple of months so I don't have to worry about her. Not only that - the basket is supposed to be about ME not about the person you are giving it to. I guess that makes it easy because then if the person isn't there you wanted to give it to - you can pass it to someone else. I have to fill it with things that represent me. So what represents me? One of the things I was considering putting in there because it has come to represent the whole family is a Webkinz. But then I would have to be careful who I gave it too. It would have to be someone that had an account or would want an account. I feel a bit like 'Mary Quite Contrary' in "Babes in Toyland" - "I Can't Do the Sum!"

3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

When I did it I put in a Mercer Mayer book, a can of cream of mushroom soup to go with the recipe card I put in for stroganoff, etc.
Webkinz is a good idea. I think of the colors red and yellow when I think of you, baking and cooking, books and movies, craft things etc. Find a fun $5 movie at Walmart, an inexpensive book you like, some cookies and a recipe along with a Webkinz. That's what I've got...

Cari said...

When I think of you I think of blubonnets, peaches, the color red, Webkinz, The Bishops Wife, Mrs. Mike, butterscotch pudding, pizelle and blondies. Don't know what good any of those are, just wanted to share.

pambelina said...

I think of sunflowers and ladybugs.