Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Sabbath has come again.

We had a beautiful Sacrament Meeting today.  I love testimony meeting.  I love listening to the sincere thoughts of the Branch members.  There were a lot of pauses today.  It kind of tickles me when people have a quiet gap.  I think some people rush up just to fill the void.  I like the quiet.  It gives me time to reflect on what is being said and be prompted in my own meditation.  I would love a meeting with a 5 or 10 minute ponder time.  But that will never happen.  People are to uncomfortable with silence - and themselves.

We are very blessed.  I was astonished today when someone pointed out 3 more fast Sundays and we will be heading home soon after.  Wow!  That is amazing.

I found this little poem that I would like to share.  It is something to ponder.
 
If your lips you keep from slips,
Five things to observe with care,
To whom you speak, of whom you speak,
And how and why and where.
Choose your words carefully,
You can never take them back.
A careless word might kindle strife,
A cruel word may wreck a life,
A timely word may level stress,
A loving word may heal and bless.
~ Unknown ~

No comments: