Sunday, January 18, 2015

A beautiful but bitter cold Sunday

The sun tried hard to shine today but never quite got there.  It was -1 (Celsius) but did get to 0 when we were coming home.  Translated - we were right at freezing all day but the feel like temperatures were in the teens.  The meetings this morning were wonderful - as always.  I renewed my goal from October to pay more attention to the Sacrament and to scripture study.  I visited with a sister after church (that kind of reminds me of the 'bag lady' in Labyrinth - the Jim Henson production) and has up until this week somewhat avoided me.  For some reason - after I thanked her for her wonderful words on the importance of prayer and scripture study - she opened up to me.  We had SOS (sandwiches and slaegtshistory - or genealogy in English - it just isn't as catchy) but Ulla and I visited through most of it.  She seemed to need someone to just listen to her.  She is not married and is really intelligent.  It was a wonderful visit.  She asked how much longer we had and I told her.  She teared up and said that she would really miss Elder Bailey and me because we have tried so hard to become one with the branch.  Mona Pedersen-Loftus, our R.S. President, told me exactly the same thing.  We are comfortable here and we do love this mission and the wonderful people we associate with every day. 

I thought today how grateful I am for the Gospel in my life.  I am so blessed to have the fullness of the Gospel as part of the fabric of who I am.  I know that this is the true and living Gospel of Jesus Christ and I am thankful for every commandment I have kept, every covenant and commitment I have made in association with it.  What a blessing it is that my forefathers (and mothers!) saw fit to come into this religion and set such a good example for me.  I am so blessed.

No comments: