Friday, January 30, 2015

An 'interesting' 2 days

I guess 'interesting' is a good way to describe this.  Wednesday evening I literally came home and went to bed.  I have had a sore throat and aches for days.  It just got the best of me Wed.  Yesterday I had to go with Clyde to the Raadhus because Helge was showing us the new project we are starting and giving us an idea of what we are in for.  The books are as big or bigger than the 'elderly' records we just finished.  We will have to take the camera up to the rafters again.  I came home immediately after that because I felt so bad.  Clyde wanted me to go to the temple with him this morning.

I awoke today and could swallow again without pain.  We had a wonderful session - in English!  That was a surprise.  Clyde and I both had prayed to understand more today and it happened, but in a way we did not expect.  It was good to be in the temple but by the time we got home - I was totally exhausted.  I slept for a couple of hours and now feel at least well enough to get dinner on the table.

We received some kind of bad news today.  My father has asked to be put in an assisted living center.  He has fallen several times in the last week and he feels that being in there would be a better place for him right now.  My mother's cousins have a wonderful place in Ephraim (about 12 miles from Manti) and I am okay with it.  I just hope he isn't giving up.  We need him there for at least a little while when we come home.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Tina and I went to Manti last night. Dad was so weak and looked terrible last night. This morning he looked better and had more strength. I was there as he was evaluated and checked in this morning. His short term and long term memory are just fine. He is totally aware of where he is and what is going on and he is content. Last night Doreen and I weren't sure he would make it through the night. Today we felt like he may be with us for a while. He told the nurse today that he doesn't have any of the things that will kill you. Of course, the care center is very nice. Sara said you can tell if it is a good center by the way it smells. It smells good.
They treat Popi like he is a doctor.
The care center is going to get his white leather recliner for him. They feel like it will be better for him to sit up.
Since August he has crushed 3 vertebrae, broken several ribs and his cartilage is separated from his sternum. So he is in pain. They will help him with pain management and give him physical therapy. We just hope to have him around for a while longer.
I love you.