Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Backy to work - finally

I was feeling so much better today but after lunch I was completely washed out - so we came home a bit early.  I will make an early evening of it.  Glad to be well though.

For some reason I have been thinking a lot about my 'Omi' or Grandma Sarah.  She was always my hero growing up.  If she was utterly passionate about anything, I would say it was the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  She read her scriptures every day and wrote in her journal daily.  I remember having problems and discussing them with her.  A little later I would find her by her bed praying on how to answer my needs.  She never gave you the answer.  In fact she was very good about turning things and saying, "What do you think should happen?"  Only one time did she ever tell me what to do.  I was getting ready to leave Clyde and give up on my marriage.  She made me promise I would not make a move until I attended at least 2 temple sessions.  I received the answer I needed in the temple.  I will always treasure that advice.  She loved the scriptures and attending Church.  The sacrament was so sacred to her that when she became housebound, she would quietly weep while the sacrament was prepared just for her.  She didn't have the priesthood in her home for most of her adult life.  She knew to call and ask for help.  I am grateful to the Wheeler's for watching out for her for so many years.  She loved them like family.  I cannot do her justice but I love/loved her so much.  I miss her everyday.  I am so grateful that she was such a big part of my life. I am truly blessed to have a grandmother like her.  

No comments: