Thursday, January 22, 2015

Finding Family Search ID numbers

We finished the project we started in May.  We couldn't start the new one because there were no Family Search numbers.  It turned out that the first series on our list got dropped somehow and Family Search didn't give them the proper codes.  We spent 2 hours trying to figure out what to do but then got 3 books of the series finished.  This one will go quick but the next couple to come will be finishing this project.  It is at least 7 months of work - maybe more.

It was good day.  The sun was shining until well after 4 p.m.  We had Cheese puff for dinner it was the perfect ending to a good day.

Today while we were working I ran across the last name Otto about a dozen times.  When I was little and lived on Infantry Post, my hero was Susan Otto.  She was at least 2 years older than me and was a wonderful friend.  Her dad was my dad's boss.  Colonel Otto and his wife became fast friends of our family and remained so until the senior Otto's deaths.  I have many fond memories of them.

On the way home today I was looking at the amazing spires with the 'queen's hat on top'.  That was what Marianne and I would say about the top of Brooke Army Medical Center.  It made me laugh that was thinking hat instead of crown.  I admit - I am weird.

No comments: