Wednesday, May 15, 2013

"What E'er Thou Art, Act Well Thy Part"

I have been listening to the General Conference Addresses 'paa Dansk'.  It has been interesting.  I am trying to do it mostly by ear because I am not 'hearing' the Danish.  I can pretty much read it and get the gist but I am having trouble deciphering what I am hearing. 

 As I was listening to Sister Elaine S. Dalton's talk: 'We are our Heavenly Father's Daughters', I was struck by a couple of things.  She talked about seeing the cornerstone with the title of this blog's words written on it.  She spoke about love and respect for family, ourselves and our leaders.  But the most important thing I gleaned from this is something my father has been teaching me since I was little.  People watch you.  No matter who you are or where you are, people watch you.  You can be a good example in their lives or a negative influence.  You don't even know when you are affecting someone.  So the moral of this is "What e'er thou art, act well thy part."  Act and be as good a person as you know how.

No comments: