Friday, May 24, 2013

News

My father has made us an offer we cannot refuse.  We will no longer be going to Kerrville to retire.  We are retiring in Manti, Utah and taking over 'the family home.'  As I discussed this decision with our daughters, I found out it was what they had been praying for all along.  What is really odd is that over the last few weeks, I had told people that all of my life I had wanted to live in that house and I would never see my dream come true.  Now it has.  We will be ordinance workers in the temple and start to contribute that way - as soon as our mission is finished.  Maybe the reason we are learning Danish is because Ephraim and Manti are known as "Little Denmark" and there are records to take care of that no one quite knows what to do with.  It is an interesting prospect.  The most exciting part of this is to have a place big enough for people to come and stay for things like the "Mormon Miracle Pageant" and other Sanpete County experiences.  We all feel good about it. 

Popi and Doreen will get a smaller home in Manti.  They need a house that does not have the upkeep on that 'the family home' has on it.  There is a huge yard and garden plus the home itself.  The wonderful thing about this home is we can live on one floor when it is just Clyde and me.  There is no need to go upstairs until company comes.  It is something wonderful to look forward to after our mission.  Just an unexpected change.

5 comments:

Sara Walker said...

I LOVE this!!! When my mom told me I was so excited!! You are the one person who I know I can still just come visit if you live there!!

Heidi Noel said...

You should probably count on Dad doing the stairs, or let us take care of it when we get there. I don't want your knees to hurt.

Grandma Bailey said...

I practice going up and down stairs every day right now because we don't know what we will be facing in Denmark. I am getting pretty good at navigating them again! I won't bounce up and down them anymore but I can manage.

Sara, you are always welcome. But we have 2 years almost before this happens. Just wanted to give everyone the news.

Holly said...

How exciting! After we visit you in Copenhagen we'll have to come visit you in Ephraim!

Katherine said...

I'm excited for you, and a little bit jealous ;) We love you guys!