Monday, May 27, 2013

ROYGBIV

Yesterday was one of those Sundays that I dread.  I was on the go from early in the morning until 8p.m.  Fortunately those are now a thing of the past.  I must admit that I reluctantly went to my Seminary Inservice Meeting late yesterday afternoon.  I feel like the person replacing me should find out about all of the changes in Seminary - not me.  But Clyde and I did drive to Groton and working on our Danish as we went.  The meeting was wonderful, because Brother Weber is such a good teacher.  Our reward for going was a rainbow on the way home.  It is the first rainbow I have seen in RI in many years.  This one was so vivid that you could actually see every colors in the rainbow distinctly.  I have never seen such a bright indigo and violet in a rainbow ever. 

Clyde and I talked about rainbows and their significance.  We know that because of Noah and the rainbow promise - the earth will never be flooded by water again.  Few people know that Joseph Smith received a promise that if there is a rainbow, the earth is safe from destruction for a year.  Clyde and I were laughing because we see about a rainbow a year.  Never any more.  But it is kind of reassuring to know that for 1 year of our mission at least, all will be well (or the same). 

We are off to spend our morning in the temple, to say goodbye to friends.  I am not liking this part of moving.  I promise to get our Palmyra pictures downloaded soon.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

That's so interesting to learn about rainbows. Thanks for sharing!