Saturday, May 18, 2013

Guys and Dolls

Last night we went to a production of "Guys and Dolls" at Rogers High School in Newport, RI.  It was wonderful.  The costuming was incredible, the actors were great - especially Nathan Detroit & Adelaide.  Nathan was played by Devon Mello - a young man in our ward that Clyde and I love dearly.  But Devon knew his lines, songs and dances - spot on.  The young woman that played Adelaide was the same way.  They stole the show.  I love the play version so much more for one simple reason.  In the play the song "Bushel and a Peck" is used.  I just think it is a cuter song than the one in the movie. 

This is our daughter, Heidi Bahlmann's, favorite musical.  I kept thinking about her and a couple of her friends that love this play - all evening as I watched.  It was one of the most enjoyable High School productions I have seen in a long time and definitely the best one I have seen since moving here.

No comments: