Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year Resolutions

I rarely if Never make resolutions in January.  I make them in April and October during General Conference and occasionally on my birthday.  I sometimes make goals during the year - which are basically the same thing but this year out of necessity I am making 2 resolutions in January.  1. Get our mission papers in by the end of January and 2. Get in shape for our mission.  We only have 209 days until we leave Newport.  I have spent almost 11 years trying to get out of here and now I am panicking because we don't have that much time left.  The time has come to get my act in gear and get a move on.  The papers are almost done.  I have to finish up my physical and get my dental check-up.  We still have our interview with the Stake President.  Clyde is a bit behind me.  I am now off of the obese list and overweight.  That is a bit of a relief but I need to do better than that.  I need to amp up my exercise and burn a few more calories every day.  I am setting what in essence are monthly, weekly and daily goals.  That way I think I can manage this.  If the picture is too big - it would be too overwhelming.

No comments: