Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Top Favorite Movies

I saw this and thought it would be fun. You can choose between 4-6 movies in each category.

Classic Love Stories
Enchanted April
An Affair to Remember
Holiday (with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn)
Pride and Prejudice (the mini-series)
The African Queen

Dramas
Gone with the Wind
Casablanca
To Kill a Mockingbird
Breakfast at Tiffany's
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
Roman Holiday

Mysteries or Suspense
Rebecca
Rear Window (the original)
To Catch a Thief
Key Largo, To Have and Have Not, Maltese Falcon (I'm counting these as one!)
The Trouble with Harry

Romantic Comedies
Bringing Up Baby
His Girl Friday
It Happened One Night
Joe and the Volcano, Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail (These all star Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks, I am counting them as one)
The Bachelor and Bobby Soxer

Musicals
I don't think I can pick just one musical. I love most all of the 40's and 50's musicals I have ever seen. Some have special memories for me. I love all of Fred Astaires musicals - with and without Ginger Rogers. I love the spectacle of Hello Dolly and the Sound of Music as well. I do have to admit that some of the newer ones are not quite as endearing to me. If I had a favorite type of movie genre it would be musicals and Disney animation. Here is an attempt at a few of my favorites.
Singing in the Rain
Kiss Me Kate
Brigadoon
Gay Divorcee, Top Hat
Hello Dolly
Holiday Inn
I have to say Oklahoma but it has to be the one Hugh Jackman in it! That has to be the best production of that show ever made.

Animation
There are very few companies up until a few years ago that did animation like Disney. My all time animated favorites are Disney's:
Sleeping Beauty
101 Dalmatians
Lady and the Tramp
Beauty and the Beast
The Littlest Mermaid


Family Movies
I loved the Disney movies growing up. I especially loved Hayley Mills. In everything from Pollyanna to Moonspinners, I watched them all. I still recommend them. I bought Summer Magic the other day and loved re-watching it. Other than the old Disney movies here are some favorite family movies:
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
Cheaper by the Dozen (the original one)
Flight of the Navigator
The Last Mimsy


Inspirational
A Man For All Seasons
Chariots of Fire
The Bishop's Wife
Lilies of the Field
Brian's Song (but way too sad)


Christmas Movies
Bishop's Wife (I know I already mentioned it but it deserves to be mentioned twice)
White Christmas
Holiday Inn
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
The Muppet's Christmas Carol

This was harder than I thought it would be. I have way too many favorites!

No comments: