Monday, June 14, 2010

Favorite Scriptures


Yesterday in Church, our youth speaker, Devon Mello spoke about his favorite scriptures from the Book of Mormon. I realized my all time favorite scriptures all came from the Book of Mormon.
My most favorite verse: Moroni 10:32

"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God."
My favorite chapter is Alma 5.
My favorite book in the Book of Mormon is 3 Nephi - especially when Christ visits the Americas. My favorite verses are when angels and the Savior minister to the children and the words are so special they cannot be written. My second favorite book is Ether. The faith of the brother of Jared is quite amazing.
Part of the reason the Book of Mormon has my favorite scriptures is because I read it all of the time. You tend to have favorites in books you know well.

No comments: