Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday Book Review




I have read more than these two books but because I am currently on the quest to read all of the Aunt Dimity books by Nancy Atherton and the books in the "Quilter's Apprentice" series by Jennifer Chiaverini - I will not bore anyone with my delight in the reading of several more in each of these series. They take me no time to read - so even when my day is full, I can still polish off one a day. I also read "Echoes" by Maeve Binchy and decided the reason I quit reading Maeve Binchy in the past was because I didn't like her. She is a downer and I don't have to read depressing books if I don't want to.
I was bored - waiting for Clyde to finish up his meeting a week ago Sunday. I was trying to find something to read on my Kindle when I ran across "The Crowning Glory of Calla Lilly Ponder" by Rebecca Wells. Since I thoroughly enjoyed the "Yaya Sisterhood" books - I thought I would download it. It is not a part of the Yaya sisterhood series. It takes place during my lifetime in Louisiana though - that being the only similarity. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. It runs you through all the emotions from joy to tears.
"Cockatiels at Seven" by Donna Anderson was a book I downloaded out of boredom this last Sunday! I looked for books that if you liked Carolyn Hart novels what other authors were people reading and she popped up very consistently. This is way down in Nancy Anderson's series but like most of these mysteries the novel stands on its own. I am ordering her first books from the library and have found another series of books to read!
In the meantime I have been waiting for over a week for "The Well of Lost Plots" - the next in my Jasper Fforde series. I don't know if they are all checked out and I am on a waiting list or if my request got lost in cyber-space - even though I have requested it twice. If I have not heard about the book by tomorrow though, I am downloading it onto my Kindle. I cannot wait to find out what happened to Thursday Next, very much longer!

No comments: