Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday's Heroine

My heroine today is Sara Warne. This is my husband's youngest sister. Sara is one of those people that walks into a room and becomes the life of the party. No matter what life deals her - she always makes lemonade out of the lemons on hand. It does come at a cost, physically and emotionally but she will give and give before she ever thinks of herself. Sara has dealt with a lot of health issues as an adult and seems to have to deal with more all the time. But she faces them with a smile.

Sara is an amazing wife and mother. She has raised two wonderful sons, Steven and Brian. When Brian was very young he was struck down with cancer. Several other children died of the same type but that was not on Sara's agenda. She prayed and sang her way through his treatments and Brian lived to tell the tale. Brian's father and brother were there too - to support but Sara was there all the way. I still look at how that family gathered together and fought together for Brian's life and won. The rest of us fasted and prayed but the Warnes truly fought the fight as a united front. The Lord loved them and blessed them. In gratitude, Sara cut an album of hymns of thankfulness for her son's life. I make it sound like she dotes on Brian - No! She dotes on all three of her men!

Sara has the uncanny ability of helping people put the pieces of their lives back together - even when the other person is not aware that their life is in disarray. Sara keeps Christ centered in her life and that is what keeps her going. She has a wonderful husband with a marriage that is strong and true because they love each other and work hard to keep it going. This has been one of my most poorly phrased blogs because I just cannot put into words my awe of Sara. She is truly someone that I am proud to call my sister. (I have no pictures of Sara or her family on my computer or my sticks - weird, huh?!)

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

I agree with every word. I love and miss her.