Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday's Book Review






I am now caught up with Laurence and Temeraire with "Victory of Eagles" I just have to patiently wait for the next book. I think I might have written this review last week but that's Okay - it was an excellent book. This is what happens when you read all the authors books all at once.
I read the sequel to "These is my Words" and it was very well done. Whereas "These is my Words" was written over half of her lifetime - "Sarah's Quilt" takes up just one year - but what a year! I could not put it down. It is as gripping as "These is My Words" or maybe more so because we are not building characters this time but filling in details. I highly recommend it.
I love the Aunt Dimity mystery series. If you haven't read them - start with the first one and read on through. I just read "Aunt Dimity Goes West" and "Aunt Dimity: Vampire Hunter". These fall in my 'fluffy mystery' genre and are just plain fun. Aunt Dimity is really a journal that writes to the protagonist, Lori. Like I said, for this series - you really need to start with at least the first one, "Aunt Dimity's Death" and then it doesn't matter how you really read them thereafter. I have found them in all Barnes and Noble bookstores, on Amazon.com and in most libraries I have visited. This is one of those fun series that is entertaining and just a good read.
I probably would have had more to report on but I kind of had a life this week and had some other things to do other than read! I know! I doesn't happen often. These are all acquisitions from the library. Because of some major overhead (new glasses and trips) I am trying to be a little bit thrifty and only 'buy' the books I cannot get through the library system here. Hope you have a great week and good reading!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Hey I actually updated my blog!! check it out!
We miss you!!
Love,
Karyn