Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday's Heroes


Today's entry is a little different. Today I salute the optimistic people or the Pollyanna's of my life. My grandmother, Sarah Tuttle was that way as was my Grandpa Lloyd Tuttle. Grandma or Omi as our daughter's called her - wasn't overly optimistic to the point where she was unrealistic but she was always positive in her outlook and very upbeat. For the most part my daughters tend that way - some more than others. I find that I weed negative out of my life. I didn't realize that until yesterday when the speakers were talking about the 'Joy of the Gospel in our lives' and how overly optimist her mother is. I tried to think if there was someone extremely pessimistic in my life right now. And though I have had my share of people that will drag me down, I can only think of one person that tends to be more negative than positive. That person I have to take in very small doses. The other negative people I have known that pull me down, I have pretty much weeded out of my life. I have realized that I don't have to be bothered with someone that is going to make me feel worse after I have associated with them than when I began the conversation. So if you are currently a friend or even a family member, I salute you for your positive outlook on life. I tend toward the pessimistic and you lift me up. I thank you - for without you, my life would be sad, lonely and and very miserable.

No comments: