Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday's Heroine's

Today I would like to salute the women who sit alone in Church with their children. Whether because they are the only member or because their husbands are elsewhere because of work or stake callings - you are my heroines! Yesterday our daughter Pam, wrestled with her son alone and still tried to fulfill her Primary Presidency responsibilities. I know otherwise - but she feels like she failed miserably. I had decided to do this tribute before I knew the my daughter was a Church widow yesterday. For 6 years I have admired Jennifer Mello and Diane Campagna as they sit in the meetings with their children. I must say their sons set an example the rest of the ward would do well to follow. Carol Berriochoa brings her great-grandsons and sets and example of patience week after we week. Donnatella Frey is a new sister that has just moved into our ward from Italy. Her son, Nicolas comes every other week (alternate weeks are with his father) but they too set an example of attentiveness. In fact in many ways the single parent rows set the example for the rest of us - at least yesterday and in our ward.

Those of us who have an extra pair of hands could pitch in and help those struggling young mothers when they need us. We will be happier for it and have a much richer Sunday because we will be looking at through a child's eyes, simply by helping during Sacrament Meeting or tending the babies that are too little for nursery during Sunday School and Relief Society. I have had some pretty wonderful experiences with some of the little ones of our ward.

No comments: