Saturday, July 4, 2009

God Bless The USA

I know - this is my second post today but I couldn't have the other post be one and only. However this may not be any better. I love the song "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood. He wrote it in 1985 and to this day it is the #1 Patriotic song for most Americans. I cannot listen to it without bawling. I was going to post a version of it but I won't. With Brandon in Afghanistan and things the way they are all over the world it makes the song even more tender now. I am proud of Brandon and what he does. I am proud to be a military BRAT and for what my father did. I love that I met my husband when he was lowly Spec 5 in the Army during a very difficult time in our hustory. I am proud to be an American. I know that we are a blessed nation and for that I am grateful. We have a great heritage and we should be proud of who we are. If you want to hear the song I am talking about go to Youtube and look for the "God Bless the USA". There is tribute to the troops along with the song. I have cried so hard now that I have headache (or maybe it is my allergies). I would like to wish everyone a Happy 4th of July. Be Proud to be an American!

No comments: