Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What kinds of extracurricular activities did you participate in after school?

I pretty much focused my high school career on music (even my first few years of college - both times).  If it had to do with choir, ensemble, or the musical - I was in.  Especially when we lived in Frankfurt am/Main Germany, I would quite often be gone from the time we left for Seminary until after 11 pm.  I would go for weeks like that.  Some of my best high school memories were during that time.  My Senior year, the choir director would not allow me even to audition because I had been in Melloteens in Frankfurt and their choir could not compete.  I just wanted to sing.  I didn't care if it was an honor choir.  I immersed myself in the Church that year and participated in the plays that popped up and competitions that came along.  I even managed to embarrass my sister horribly on a temple trip by taking over the microphone on the bus and singing a song that Leslie Lassiter (MaryLynn Hopkins sister) and I made up about the trip.  Good times.  Hard to believe that I was that outgoing then.

No comments: