Sunday, April 7, 2013

Peace, Peace, Be Still

For some reason, ever since I walked into the temple on Friday afternoon for our shift, that phrase has been running in my head.  I have been nervous and anxious about this mission call.  When I walked into the temple - as always - a peace came over me and I immediately calmed.  It helped immeasurably to talk to another couple that are on a records preservation mission here in Boston until the end of May.  I was able to discuss with her what she wore, what they did and who they interacted with.  She gave me hints on what words we would need to know and things we need to be aware of before we went. 

Friday, we also linked up the with the MTC and will soon get our language tutor to help us with Danish.  I need to find out what letters are silent and proper pronunciations.  Clyde downloaded a Danish dictionary with sound - so we have been practicing with that but I am not hearing the same thing as Clyde and words alone do not sound the same as phrases or sentences.  However, I had peace as I spoke to the language coordinator and knew we could do that too.

Conference, as always is bringing me peace.  What a blessing it is to listen to these people that have been called of God.  I have been lifted up so much already.

This week, I will go in and see my Dentist plus make an appointment to talk to my Doctor.  Clyde does not see how I can get 18 months worth of RX but I say, if the Church says do it - DO IT!

Oh, our tentative flight date out is Sept 10.  This is subject to change, however (because of problems with visas, etc.)

No comments: