Monday, April 15, 2013

Moving Right Along

I have long lists and short lists.  I am losing my lists because I am writing things whenever I think of them on whatever I find.  I finally decided that I would keep all of my lists in one spot and designated a little notebook to be my list notebook.  It can be a grocery list or my packing list but it exclusively my list book right now.  I can then flip through and see where we stand for moving, the mission and my day to day activities.  It is not a day-planner because that is not what I needed.  I have one of those.  I just needed somewhere to put my to do list for the day, what I am packing for Denmark, what I am packing for this summer, what I am doing today, etc.  Finally I think I am getting on top of things. 

I am supposed to take 18 months worth of prescriptions with me.  I now know which pharmacy I am using and how to go about that.  I also remembered that I needed to take my diabetes testing equipment, so I need lancets and strips enough for 18 months.  Another expense but a necessary one.  This too goes down under the Rx and drug list.  Just knowing that it is written down and where it is written down, means I don't have to try and remember it anymore and I can move onto the next thing.

I also found my briefcase/purse that I will use on my mission.  They want me to have a huge purse that I can carry things in (no matter what - sister missionaries do not carry backpacks).  Clyde and I went to an outlet mall Saturday and went into the Wilson leather store.  In there I found a red leather bag that fits the bill perfectly.  It was on sale for $40 and I had an in-store coupon for another 60%.  That was a good deal!  Clyde and I also have to carry our passport and visa on our person at all times.  We are trying out the belt packs and the neck pouches to see which ones we like.  I already like the neck pouch so much better than the belt that I know that is the way I am going.

No comments: