Thursday, June 4, 2009

Things that make me happy #1












Heidi tagged me to write 8 days of happy things. I am not going to tag anyone because I think happy things should be voluntary (besides she tagged everyone I would have!).


Ever since I was a little girl - I couldn't wait to be a mother. When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would reply, a mother. I soon realized however that this was not a response that people thought was proper. I was always chided and told, "Oh, you want to be something besides that!" But no, I never did. I wanted to have babies and take care of them. When I married my husband, I told him I wanted 7 children, 4 sons and 3 daughters. Why that number or that equation I will never know but that is what I said and what I wanted. I insisted that I wanted a son first. Heavenly Father had other ideas (and a funny sense of humor!). We ended up with 4 beautiful daughters that sent us through every emotion we could possibly imagine but who I would not trade for all the world. What do I want to want to be when I grow up? Now I want to be a grandmother to the children of our 4 beautiful daughters.


[The pictures above are: The preview picture (which Heidi hates but I love because it is all of our daughters together 2 1/2 years ago in Las Vegas; More recent pictures: #1 - Pam and Carianne, #2 Heather's 'pin-up shot for her husband in Afghanistan #3 - Heidi's Mother's Day picture (I have a better one of her tomorrow) and #4 the picture of the 4 girls that is one of my favorites from when they were little. Cariannne was 6, Heather was 4, Heidi was 3 and Pam was 10 1/2 months.]












No comments: