Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday's Hero


Dottie White is my heroine today. She is an amazing woman for those of us that know her. Her husband, Ted, passed away about a year ago. For almost the year before Dottie was not at Church and had asked to be released from all of her callings because Ted needed her. He was dying of cancer and Dottie felt she should be there. She promised she would be back to Church as soon as Ted passed on. I must admit that I have heard that said by older sisters in the Church before but once they get out of the habit of going to Church, they somehow never come back. As much as I loved Dottie, I was afraid we were not going to see much of her again. I am glad to say I was WRONG! The week Ted died, Dottie was back and except for really bad snow storms and illnesses she has been to church every week. She teaches in Relief Societ and gives amazing lessons. She is such a kind, caring and loving woman. She is truly more concerned about others than she is herself. If there was someone that epitomized the Relief Society sister, Dottie White would be it. She is my heroine for today.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I love Dottie. I remember she was always so friendly to me. She was very observant of others' feelings. One Sunday I was passing the library and she just sensed I needed someone to talk to. She chit chatted with me and gave me a hug. I don't think she'll ever know what it meant to me.
Great choice for a heroine!