Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Day at the Airport

Today I am deviating a bit because I keep reading the same books. I have however sold my eight year old granddaughter on the Kindle. This is not a good thing. Her parents are not happy.

Hair styles in the airport: As I was sitting in the terminals (in Providence and Philadelphia) I saw a rather large young woman (couldn't have been out of her teens though she was married) wearing a very large beehive. Are they back in style? Her mother and grandmother were wearing very well taken care of mullets so the family just may have not moved beyond the 20th century.

Cellphone rings. Becky Workman will like this one. I heard "Mom, Mom, pick up, I need to talk!" It startled the poor mother so badly she didn't know what to do. Apparently her son had changed her ring without her knowing it to his yelling at her and then had set it very loudly. She was very embarrassed. Another cellphone went off and sounded like a siren on an emergency vehicle. That mother quickly reached down and flipped her phone open and closed and then looked to see who it was, smiled and then called back. That was a Mother (I am assuming) used to practical jokes.

When we landed in San Antonio, I was thinking how sad it was that there would be no Dittmar's waiting for us at the bottom of the escalator. I was actually blinking back tears when I looked and saw Marianne and Julianna standing there! I was speechless! Marianne, Julianna and Christina had come to San Antonio to visit Christina's friends that are graduating. Obviously you get what you wish for!

On a sad note. Just a little while after we arrived, one of Carianne's friends was taken off of life support after a motorcycle accident the day before. She was declared dead, so Carianne and Carl had to deal with that. It is quite a blow to their church community. I am very grateful we are here to help.

Hopefully I will blog consistently but we will see what this trip brings.

No comments: