Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday's Heroine



























First of all, I answered the 'quotes' because I must have made it too hard and my movies are too obscure. So scroll down if you want to know.






My heroine is obviously Heather Lou Bailey Nordell. These are pictures I picked for fun. The first one if a current one of her and the family in Okinawa. The Second one is the most angelic she has ever been (Heidi is standing to the 'little one' beside her). The picture was taken in North Carolina when Heather was 5 and Heidi was 3. The bottom one was when she first started crawling taken at our home in San Antonio.






Heather is our second born daughter. In a sense she it is a miracle she is here. When I was 5 months pregnant with her, my thyroid goitered and it looked like it was cancer (which it turned out to be). Some DR's wanted me to terminate the pregnancy and have the surgery to remove my thyroid and start on massive doses of radiation. Fortunately my family, my OBGyn and I, all knew that was not an option. My father kept bringing me home medical reports (he is a physician) and telling me everything was going to be OK. Heather's due date was May 5. She came March 28, 1979. Though she was one of my biggest baby's at 7lbs 2ounces, she had no eye lashes and her fingernails were only half-way up the nail bed. She was very early. She was quite jaundiced for the first several weeks. My thyroid being out of whack had made her grow faster than normal but her body functions were still on track as a normal fetus. We unfortunately didn't realize this until years later that technically she was a preemie. But we were very grateful to have her. (Clyde's sister, Susan was due the middle of April and didn't have her daughter until May. She was very mad at me!).






We should have known that Heather was going to be opinionated and hard-headed because of how she entered this world. If she hadn't been a fighter - it would have been very easy for her to give up and just float away. But when Heather wants something she usually gets it because she works and fights until she has it. She is also very giving and loving and the most loyal friend you would ever want.






I marvel now as to what a devoted mother and wife she is. She has a wonderful husband, Brandon with two beautiful daughters, Bella and Evie. As with our other daughters', she is a much better mother and wife than I was at her age and an example to me every day. I am so grateful that 30 years ago, Heavenly Father saw fit to bless our lives with Heather.

No comments: